Admissions & Transfers
High Firs uses the Kent County Council admissions process. This is different depending on whether your child is starting in Reception or in another class – please click on the link below:
- Information on applying for a Reception place
- Information on applying for a place in a class other than Reception
School Tours for Reception September 2024 starters
Tours for children due to start school in September 2024 will take place on the following dates:
- Tuesday 31st October 2023: 9.30am - 10.30am
- Monday 6th November 2023: 11.00am - 12.00pm
- Monday 13th November 2023: 5.30pm - 6.30pm
We also offer a Craft Afternoon on Friday 1st December from 2.00pm until 3.00pm for children and parents/carers to join us.
All tours & the Craft Afternoon must be pre-booked. Please click here to book your place.
Transferring to Secondary School
Children transfer to secondary school the September following their 11th birthday.
Parents who may wish to consider applying for a grammar school placement for their child should refer to the following information:
Further information is also available here –