Friends of High Firs (FHF)
All parents & staff are automatically members of the Friends of High Firs School Association but the Association is open to anyone with an interest in the school. The Association is run by a committee, elected at the Annual General Meeting. The committee arrange many social and fund raising events for the children and their interest and support is a valued part of the school organisation – all their hard work on behalf of the children is very much appreciated. The money raised from their fundraising activities has gone towards providing many extra items for the children, as well as funding major projects around the school. All help and support is much appreciated and everyone is welcome to support our work! More information about our activities is in the Annual Report below.
Our AGM this year was delayed by the restrictions necessitated by Covid-19 precautions but as these now begin to lift we are looking forward to being able to return to Friends events later in the year – albeit perhaps in a different form! We are therefore pleased to confirm the following:
Notice of Annual General Meeting of the Friends of High Firs to be held on MONDAY 29TH MARCH at 7pm.
All parents/guardians and staff are invited to join the meeting, which will be held on Zoom.
Agenda (in summary – please see more information on some items below):
- Annual Review and approval of accounts 2019-20
- 2020-21 so far and future plans
- Election of Executive Committee members (Trustees and identified roles, including Chair)
- Appointment of President
- Appointment of class and staff representatives
- Any other business
1. Annual Review and approval of 2019-20 accounts
Click here to read the Annual Review and Accounts Summary. You can indicate your agreement to these and add any comments on the form below.
3. Election of Executive Committee Members
If you are already a member of the Executive Committee (a Trustee) then please complete the form below to let us know if you are still willing to continue in this role – we do hope so!
We have a vacancy for CHAIR – if you would like to stand for this post or nominate someone else please let us know on the form below.
Please also let us know if you would like to join the Executive Committee as a Trustee. Some Trustees also hold specific roles, eg: Treasurer / Secretary / Health & Safety.
5. Appointment of class representatives
Our class representatives do a fantastic job and play an essential role in coordinating and liaising with their classes about Friends events. We can never have too many class representatives! If you would like to support FHF in this way, or continue to do so, please let us know using the form below.
Please complete the relevant section(s) of the form below by WEDNESDAY 17th MARCH to:
- Agree / comment on the Annual Review / Accounts
- Nominate or self-nominate a Chair
- Self-nominate as a new Trustee or continue as a Trustee
- Self-nominate as a new Class Representative or continue as a Class Representative
- Let us know if you would like to receive the link to join the online AGM meeting
Nominations will then be circulated to the school community on 19th March in order that the approval process can take place prior to the AGM being held.